I’m writing this while the Zest Bootcamp van is getting an MOT – let’s hope it passes otherwise the Zesties are going to have to do their press ups and squats without me!
It’s likely that this time of year is one of the only times many people think about how they look after their bodies, and whether they’d like to do it better in the future.
Funny though how we don’t neglect looking after our cars …
- we wash them
- we give them the right fuel
- we service them regularly to make sure they keep working properly
- we insure them so that we can replace them should something go wrong
Oh how I’d love to see more people do exactly these things with their bodies – the only place we have to live is our body so why wouldn’t we look after it properly?
So now is good time to think about what you’d like to achieve this coming year by looking at what worked well for you in 2017.
Here are some ideas of things that might work that you may not have tried or you may not have stuck to previously so it’s always good to have a reminder:
1. Tracking your food whether via an app or pen and paper
2. Keeping an exercise log – which can help you check the frequency, intensity and time you exercise for
3. Have an accountability buddy to go out running/ walking with or to go to the gym with
4. Being part of a supportive group, such as Zest Bootcamp
(next trial week starts Jan 8th
5. Bulk cooking healthy food at the weekend when you have more time – if you’d like any food ideas then check out my Instagram page here
6. Getting a vegetable box delivery set up, such as Riverford
, to help you #eatmoreveg
7. Getting your workouts done in the morning so you can’t make any excuses later in the day
8. Going to see a physiotherapist/osteopath/chiropractor to help you sort out any painful knees, back etc so you can function better and do more exercise
9. Buying a nice water bottle to encourage you to drink more water
10. Deciding that it’s ok for you to spend time looking after yourself and prioritising your health more than everything else you prioritise
And if you do all of the above that you need to why not treat yourself to some new workout kit such as what I’m wearing in the star Jump photo which is from Boudavida
. It’s really nice good quality kit and they have a sale on at the moment – check it out here.
So you see January isn’t about dieting, it’s about more than that.
I’d love to know which ones you are going to try or that have worked for you in the past?
My passion is to help more people feel great so if you leave me a comment it helps me know if I am achieving that, and of course feel free to share this blog post with anyone you think might interested.
If you’d like to join the other zesties next week for a trial week at Zest Bootcamp
it’s the best way to see if our 45 minute friendly, fresh-air, fitness classes would suit you. During the taster week, that only runs once a month, for just £10 you get to come on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at your choice of time – either 6.30am, 9.30am or 6.15pm. Click here
to find out more and sign up ready for next week… spaces are limited so don’t hang around otherwise you will have to wait until February.
Finally – why not let 2018 be the year you follow your heart more as it normally tells us what we should be doing to be happy 🙂
Remember … a summer body is made in the winter so if you are starting to think of your summer holiday then now is also the time to be thinking of your health and fitness and not waiting until the warmer weather arrives. Wrap up warm and get that body moving now as you will FEEL so much better for it, rather than loafing around on the sofa whilst your clothes get tighter due to lack of movement. No more excuses – book your trial week at bootcamp today here